Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Write About What Can't Be Measured

Not everything in life can be measured says the quote from Albert Einstein and not everything that is measured is so important.

What do you think of this quote? What can be measured in your life? What can't be measured? What measurements have no meaning? What measurements do?

Write about it. Think about it. Write about it.


Here is a song I wrote to describe my experience with grading in school.



Gradebook Prison Blues

I hear the teacher comin',
she's comin' round the bend
and I ain't see the sunshine,
since I don't know when

Cause I'm stuck in Gradebook Prison
and time keeps draggin on
when I hear that gradebook comin'
I turn my head and moan.

When I was just a baby
my mama said to me
always be a good boy
don't ever get a "c'

But I got a "d' in reading,
just to make her cry.
Now I hear that gradebook comin'
I turn my head and sigh

I see those smart kids 'sittin'
in that fancy AP class
Their probably readin' Shakespeare
and know that they will pass
but me I'm stuck in resource
doin' SRA
and I answer pointless questions
to pass the time away.


I'll probably write a novel
about the year I leave this school
Or maybe epic poetry
bout why I was not cool.
but now I'm stuck in English
Doing five paragraph themes.
But when I hear that gradebook comin'
it smothers all my dreams.




No comments:

Post a Comment