Friday, January 21, 2011

Write About What Dogs Dream About


Doggy Nightmare

He throws the ball

and I chase it down

the long winding road

and

I clamp it in

my jaws

and run

back to He,

but He


is not my He,

but another He,

with another He smell,

and another He hat.


I BARK BARK BARK,

but no sound comes out,

and the ball melts into

the driveway like

kibble

to the bottom of

water dish.


I HOWLLLLL

at the blank sky

and black biscuits

rain down

on me.



I try to

chew on one,

but they

are made of stone.


Fluffy puppies surround me,

waiting for me to play with

them,

waiting for me

to tell them a reason

why this world

is so full

of pain.


I let them sniff me.


I let them know


it will be ok


if we wag our tails

Together.




Barry Lane









No comments:

Post a Comment